nos-trum. pronunciation: \nos'-trum\. noun. Etymology: Latin, neuter of noster our, ours.
1. a medicine of secret composition recommended by its preparer but usually without scientific proof of its effectiveness.
2. a usually questionable remedy or scheme.
See here for more discussion.

Monday, May 2, 2011

STUDY: Obese People Not Getting Sexually Satisfied

 
A survey-based study published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy shows that "obese men's satisfaction scores fell between the cancer survivors and the general population, while obese women scored lower than both groups."

Well...duh.

The research (reported in USA Today Your Life blog, 1 May) alleges that as body mass index increases men and women report decreased "functioning only for arousal and behavior."

Is there something else that this is "only?"  There must be other categories like performance, and attitude, or channeling, maybe.  After some consideration, I confess to being clinically illiterate in the jargon of the sexual literature.

But out of curiosity I went to the journal's website.  I'd never heard of it.  There were articles on erotic stories as sexual adjuvants, a proposed "Hypoactive Desire" registry,  the democratizing of transgenderism (what?), and pregnancy sex in Turkey.

It's been a while since I've had as much fun with nonsense.  I hope my tax bill didn't fund any of this.

IMO, this journal falls somewhere between the New England Journal and Hustler Magazine.

Doc D
 
 

2 comments:

Pregnancy Symptoms said...

For some reason I find this funny. My BF is obese and he never had any complains. We are happy by all means!

Doc D said...

Obesity is a serious health problem. And you figured out that my post wasn't making fun of those who were overweight. It was making fun of researchers who waste time and money on dopey studies...and the journals who publish them.

Thanks.

Post a Comment

Followers

What I'm Reading - Updated 3 May