nos-trum. pronunciation: \nos'-trum\. noun. Etymology: Latin, neuter of noster our, ours.
1. a medicine of secret composition recommended by its preparer but usually without scientific proof of its effectiveness.
2. a usually questionable remedy or scheme.
See here for more discussion.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nostrums Readers: A Request

 
I can't tell what's working and what's not.

But, I have learned some things.  Nostrums readers are mostly not geeky types,  not fashion mavens looking for the latest techno fad, and DEFINITELY not New Age followers (what the heck does, "I'm spiritual, but not religious," mean?).  On the whole, they seem to be people who like to look beyond the surface of things, and philosophically have both feet firmly planted on the ground.

[Only one person was certifiable.  I pity the people who work with him.]

There are times when I think there's an article-length review that needs to be done.  That takes time, but all the blog tipsters say it's better to write hard, short stories:  let the reader scan and choose.

I want to stay true to the Nostrums objectives:  analysis of medical research and policy that is hard to get anywhere else--a counter-weight to the superficial and misleading stuff.
I ask myself:  more on medicine, less on policy, or vice versa?  more depth? less?

I get comments on specific posts, but nothing about whether Nostrums is meeting your needs.

If you have the time, drop me a quick note privately at nostrumsdocd@gmail.com, or make a comment.  (or keep Lurking, that's perfectly OK)

Oh...and don't forget the Quote of the Day (fun? dopey?)

Thanks for reading.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

What I'm Reading - Updated 3 May

Blog Archive