nos-trum. pronunciation: \nos'-trum\. noun. Etymology: Latin, neuter of noster our, ours.
1. a medicine of secret composition recommended by its preparer but usually without scientific proof of its effectiveness.
2. a usually questionable remedy or scheme.
See here for more discussion.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not Medical, Just Weary Of Nonsense

 
When I'm feeling frustrated, I play this song.

There is freedom within,
There is freedom without,
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup

There's a battle ahead,
Many battles are lost,
But you'll never see the end of the road
while you're travelling with me

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in

They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win


--Don't Dream It's Over, Crowded House

3 comments:

Jess Staples said...

And when I say I like this, I mean that I love this. I love this song, I love Crowded House, and even though I am not typically very nationalistic I LOVE that you've even heard of a couple of brothers and their friend who recorded songs in their garage in New Zealand.

Doc D said...

I had no idea they were from New Zealand. I've loved this song since late '80's. Great tune: catchy and poetic.

I guess I am nationalistic. Spending time in over 40 countries left me very happy I was here instead of there. Of course, we're comfortable with what we know, right?

Jess Staples said...

Eh I'm nationalistic to YOUR country. Does that count? I have a NZ flag and an American flag on my wall but the US flag is bigger. That pretty much sums up how I feel :)

Post a Comment

Followers

What I'm Reading - Updated 3 May

Blog Archive